New topic Closed topic
Redirect to original page after login through SAML
By Created , last editted

Hi,

I am really stuck on the following issue. 

The situation can be as follows: 

1. A visitor (employee of our company) wants to open a certain page on the bettyblocks website. He typs in the correct url. This is url Z
  2. Since the page with url Z has SAML authentication it redirect to the url that starts de login SAML endpoint. This is url A.
  3. During that process the saml response comes back on another endpoint. This is url B.
  4. As part of the action behind url B there is a redirect page action. Currently there is a static url redirecting to de main page of the website. This is url C

Step 3 and 4 are based on the documentatie available on betty blocks. https://docs.bettyblocks.com/en/articles/1785725-howto-implement-adfs-saml-integration-for-frontend-applications

What I want is that step 4 redirects not to url C but to url Z.

Support advised me to use request variables. Specific the headers.referer property. This were I get stuck. To me it is not clear how to properly call the request variable property. For me the referer property is either empty or it had login.microsoftonline.com as a value. Not url Z.

I would really help is someone can help me on how get this up and running.

Thank you very very much in advance.

Kind regards,

Thomas

Hi,

I am really stuck on the following issue. 

The situation can be as follows: 

1. A visitor (employee of our company) wants to open a certain page on the bettyblocks website. He typs in the correct url. This is url Z
  2. Since the page with url Z has SAML authentication it redirect to the url that starts de login SAML endpoint. This is url A.
  3. During that process the saml response comes back on another endpoint. This is url B.
  4. As part of the action behind url B there is a redirect page action. Currently there is a static url redirecting to de main page of the website. This is url C

Step 3 and 4 are based on the documentatie available on betty blocks. https://docs.bettyblocks.com/en/articles/1785725-howto-implement-adfs-saml-integration-for-frontend-applications

What I want is that step 4 redirects not to url C but to url Z.

Support advised me to use request variables. Specific the headers.referer property. This were I get stuck. To me it is not clear how to properly call the request variable property. For me the referer property is either empty or it had login.microsoftonline.com as a value. Not url Z.

I would really help is someone can help me on how get this up and running.

Thank you very very much in advance.

Kind regards,

Thomas

Answers
Sort by:

This topic is closed.